- This event has passed.
Befriending your inner critic
October 13 @ 6:00 pm – 7:00 pm
Do you struggle with a harsh and judgmental inner critic that tells you you are not good enough?
Join this trauma-informed workshop to increase your curiosity and understanding of the critical parts of you, what they are trying to protect you from and how to take care of them to reduce their impact on you.
This workshop might be for you if you:
- Have tried changing your thoughts but affirmations and ‘positive vibes’ aren’t helping
- Have good self-awareness, or an interest and openness to understand yourself better with an ability to reflect on uncomfortable feelings.
Thursday 13th October at 6-7pm on Zoom.
As part of the Leeds Festival of Kindness, Compassion & Wellbeing, I am joining with Kinder Leeds and Plexus Wellbeing to offer this FREE one hour online workshop ‘Befriending your inner critic’.
Drawing from internal family systems (IFS) therapy, this workshop will give opportunity for you to:
- Identify the different types of inner critic and when they show up
- Learn where your inner critics comes from
- Understand the purpose of the critical parts of you and why they are so mean
- Develop compassionate strategies to reduce the inner critic’s power over you and strengthen your inner cheerleader.
This workshop will be delivered live via the online platform Zoom using a mix of psycho-education, group discussion and guided journal exercises. This session will NOT be recorded.
About the facilitator:
Harriet Gleeson is an integrative counsellor and psychotherapist with a successful online private practice where she specialises in supporting individuals to feel good enough through individual and group therapy.
You can follow Harriet on the following social media platforms:
Instagram @the.good.enough.therapist or on Facebook @therapywithharriet
or, you can check out her website here: www.harrietgleesontherapy.co.uk