Kindex – Mental Health in an Unequal World
October 10 @ 10:00 am – 5:00 pm
This year’s Kindness Exchange is brought to you in collaboration with Kinder Leeds, Black Lives Matter Leeds, Angel of Youth, and Forum Central.
We have decided to celebrate our Kindness Exchange day on World Mental Health Day, and Black History month to highlight the voice and influence of marginalised and disadvantaged communities in Leeds.
The aim of the day is to raise awareness around mental health inequalities that the changing society creates. Using an intersectional approach that celebrates the positive kindness of the city in tackling hate, stigma, and discrimination. Celebrating the positive contribution of Kindness made by the public, third sector, communities and private sectors.
A day of talks and workshops including:
• Rose Simkins – Chief Executive, Stop Hate UK
• Mohammed Abubakar Saleem – Regional Manager, Yorkshire and Humber, MEND (Muslim Engagement and Development)
• The Climate Crisis – Climate Anxiety: A Youth Perspective; Climate Justice and Decolonising the Economy
• Duncan Wells – Head of Resettlement, Refugee Council: How to Support Refugees
• Fra Panella – Belonging Coach: How to Be at Home Anywhere In The World
• A Kinder Approach to the Cost of Living – Panel Discussion
• Intersectional Mental Health – Panel Discussion
• Black Boy Joy – Film Premiere by Marvina Newton: Forum Central / Black Lives Matter Leeds